Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin Bread (No. 2)

Round Two for the Oatmeal Raisin Bread involved my new go to recipe gal, Ree of thePioneerWoman.com.

I took Big E's bread, cut it up, and made Ree's Bread Pudding for those who think they don't like Bread Pudding.

Observe:


The recipe is super easy to throw together. I actually did everything from cutting up the bread to putting the pudding into the oven all while chatting on the phone with a friend.

That's easy.

In the interest of full disclosure, I used almonds instead of pecans and halved the recipe.

And it was delicious. As you will see on Pioneer Woman's site, the bread pudding is packed with vanilla then drizzled with a Whiskey Cream sauce.

Mmm...

We'll see what Big E thinks of the bread pudding tomorrow. I'm planning to regift him with his own bread. In new form. How classy is that?!

2 comments:

Evan said...

I love you, Amanda. I'm sorry no one has commented on your recent posts.

Kate said...

The remix and regift may just be the wave of the future. I liken it to using a gift card someone bought you to purchase a gift for them. It almost feels wrong, but is it really? We might never know...

What ever happened to your fondant?