Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Gather 'Round For I Have News!"

Anyone? Anyone?

Waiting for Guffman.


Anyway, my news. It's hard for me to say this, but... I want to bake a cake. A full-size, hope the middle doesn't fall, eat it with a fork cake.

I know I've been riding the cupcake train for a while here and I'm sure I will always stay true to the tiny portion controlled confections. But... I have just been seeing too many lovely cakes that are begging me to bake them.

Also, I've taken the plunge by purchasing some fondant. Online.



I feel quite silly about that, but I just wanted to have someone else make my fondant for me this first time. Especially since my first experience with fondant will be red fondant. Double trouble.

When this stuff arrives, I promise to fill you in on my baking/decorating.

I still can't really believe that I'm going to branch out from the cupcakes that have served me so well.

2 comments:

kmari03 said...

I make birthday cakes now, but I haven't approached the fondant issue at all. Good luck! Is this going to by any chance be a ladybug cake? A fire engine? Red polka dots?

Kate said...

I can't wait to see how you do with the fondant. I anticipate nothing but awesomeness. My theory is that if you can produce fabulousness in small versions, then why wouldn't the same skill apply to larger cakes?

Fondant, though everyone claims otherwise, is actually very nice to work with and very forgiving. I quite love it. And the red is so you, so I'm certain you'll get along nicely.