Saturday, February 21, 2009

Dunkin' & Deceivin': Done and Done

My day started very slowly.

I struggled quite mightily to actually start grading papers and reading
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz.

However, when I did get going, I got 9 papers graded and about 50 pages read. Not too bad.

But here is the real accomplishment of today:


I found the perfect Starbucks mug, and I successfully drank Dunkin Donuts coffee while I graded student papers in Starbucks.

It was... blissful.

The next step in the Dunkin' & Deceivin' plan is to gather up all my chutzba and ask the Dunkin Donuts people to put the Dunkin Donuts coffee directly in the Starbucks mug.

I mean, it's the way Al Gore would want it done.

And, furthermore, my Dad thinks that they will do it, and I'll actually only get charged the refill price.

Result = My three Dunkin Donuts gift cards will last forever.

As always, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Yes!! I'm so excited for you. I'm sure the dunkin donuts people will not mind filling up your starbucks mug. do keep us posted!

kmari03 said...

I totally support this whole plan. I kind of imagine you drinking the DD coffee from the Starbucks mug as the baristas scratch their heads at the sudden drop in sales and the next-closest Starbucks (which I assume you can see from the window of the current Starbucks) puts a "closed permanently" sign in the window. Too much?