Monday, February 2, 2009

It's Groundhog Day!


Does this post even really need words?

Alright, I guess I'll give you some anyway.

I got to bake on Sunday! I've been holding off because I knew that Groundhog Day was the one and only day (this year) for me to make these adorable groundhog cupcakes. I followed the recipe and decorating instructions from Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor.

K-Dog helped me out with the decorations and I must say that the assembly system was extremely helpful for this multi-faceted cupcake.


I just have to say, when living in Central Maine in January, there is nothing more exciting than the coming Spring. And what says "Spring is Coming!" like a herd of groundhog cupcakes? I don't think much.


And this shot is for those of you who won't have the joy of biting into one of these suckers today.


The cake is absolutely perfectly chocolate (and reduced sugar because of my choice of cake mix). The icings are sweet for sure, but not so chocolate as to compete with the cake. As usual, the Cake Mix Doctor knows exactly what she is doing.

So, today I'm bringing the cupcakes. And whether or not Punxsutawny Phil sees his shadow, Spring will come. It just will. Don't argue with me.

Update: One of my co-workers thought the groundhogs were walruses. Oi.

3 comments:

kmari03 said...

OMG these are so adorable!!!

LP said...

Amazing! You really are a cupcake artist!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Omg those are TOO freakin cute!!