Friday, March 27, 2009

Shopping List and Other Bits

This past week could be described in many ways. Hectic, horrifying, and hellish are my current favorite descriptors.

However...

This weekend I have a lot of baking lined up. I'm making three batches of cupcakes overall, and you'll get to watch me do it! (Well... you might not get the posts until later, but you'll get them.) I'm donating a batch to a local women's shelter fundraiser on Saturday, providing a batch for a grad student meeting on Sunday, and using a batch as my booktalk 'handout' in class on Monday.

In short, I'm looking forward to some culinary therapy.

So here's my grocery list for tomorrow:

Strawberries
1 Pear
White Cake Mix
1 pkg. Strawberry Gelatin
6 c. Confectioner's Sugar
Cider Vinegar
Milk
1/4 c. Heavy Cream
2 boxes of Unsalted Butter
12 oz. Cream Cheese

Not too bad, right?

Any guesses as to what kind of cupcakes I'm going to be whipping up?

(Also, could you tell that the DB post has been waiting in the wings since mid-Spring Break? Well... if you couldn't, know now that I did NOT make a crazy complicated lasagne on the same day that I dropped a full bowl of batter on the floor, burned grilled cheese, and cemented risotto to the pot.)

3 comments:

Kate said...

I would go with strawberry cheesecake cupcakes. Because those would be delicious.

But I knew your DB post was old and it was still awesome.

Evan said...

Do I get to guess even though I know the answer? I'm looking forward to lots of cupcakes this weekend.

Amanda said...

Empress: Oh... I didn't notice that I was assembling cheesecake ingredients. :) That would be delicious.

Evan: No. Haha. You get to eat them and that's better than guessing.