Tuesday, March 10, 2009

New Layout! (Updated)

So... how do you like the new digs?

Lately I've been uber-bored with my blog layout. It was okay, and I liked the mixing bowl shot, but I was getting jealous of my more html skilled friends and their aesthetically pleasing blogs.

The other night I messed around with the colors of my blog and things just got nasty.

This prompted me to use a LeeLou blogger template out of desperation. It held me over, but the layout had no relevance to my blog style or content.

I think I might have put together something that will work. At least for now.

One day I'll have all the money and be able to spend some of it on a blog layouter(?) who will craft a gorgeous very 'me' blog for... well... me. Until then, you and I are stuck with my meager cut and paste talent.

So what do you think? Is the header chaotic in a good way or just chaotic? Any suggestions?

Update, Tuesday 8:04pm: I changed things again. I just can't stop! I know that I'm crazy. That's the first step, right? :)

I'm signing out for the night. If you see me back here, smack my hand.

3 comments:

Evan said...

I do like the chaos of the header, but it could use to be controlled a little bit more. For instance, looking at the middle-bottom of the image, there's a picture that's overlapping two others and being overlapped *by* still two others. I do, however, like the collage look.

As for the rest of the new layout, I despise it (there, I'm not holding back now, you see?). I hate white backgrounds, particularly with a sans serif text like Arial. I much prefer the framing double-sidebar to the current awkwardly-sized single-sidebar.

How's about, when I emerge from my shell after this weekend, we sit down and figure something new out? Please?

Amanda said...

See?! That last bit is exactly what I was looking for! :D

Kate said...

I like it. I like it quite alot.