Friday, March 6, 2009

I Left My Heart In...



That's right.

My love affair with Dunkin Donuts is only getting more serious. Since I realized that switching from cream to skim milk would remove all fat from my medium coffee, I've been inconsolable.

I believe I've had coffee each day of this spring break, and I can tell you that because for each of the last 3 days, I've gotten a headache shortly before my DD trip. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Especially when it lands me in the comfort of a righteously hot cup of guilt-free coffee.

I think I'll write an essay on the Dunkin Donuts cup of life. It will be the companion piece to the 101 paper on the Coke cup of life.

Anyway... my feelings for the pink, brown, and orange princess of java deepened yesterday. I decided to step out and try the Latte Lite. It was okay, but look at the special packaging...


Gorgeous, right?

And it's informative!


Until I read this sleeve, I had no idea of the difference between a latte and a cappuccino. Now I know.

And the lid is cute!


It's like a triclops. (Is that a thing?)

So, I know that this is kooky and commercial and capitalist, but Dunkin Donuts has won me over. There are worse things to enjoy.

Now, you'll have to excuse me, I have a hot date tonight.

3 comments:

kmari03 said...

So...I know you're on this fierce workout regimen and all, but do you ever try the food at DD? I have always wondered whether the new flatbread sandwiches are as good as they look in the pictures...also, you are the one who introduced me to the blueberry muffin. I feel it is unfair if you are no longer under their thrall, leaving me to suffer alone (so good!)

Amanda said...

Sorry, kmari03, I have not had a DD blueberry muffin since Aug 2007. I think just the fact that I know that says something about me.

Every once in a while I buy food at DD, but it's always a multigrain bagel with blueberry cream cheese. I highly recommend it!

Kate said...

I'm so sad I can't have the DD coffee because you've done such a great job of recommending it. I love their hot chocolate though.