At the end of each issue of O magazine, Oprah has a one page essay entitled "What I Know for Sure." In this short piece, Oprah usually makes a conclusion regarding the theme of the particular issue. This conclusion almost always ends up being something along the lines of love-yourself-and-live-your-best-life advice. While I'm not going to all Oprah on the blog, every once in a while, I just feel like summing up my lessons for the day. So... here is a list of my most recent learnings.
What I Learned Today, Jan. 16, 2009
1. There is power steering fluid and it can freeze.
2. Careful class planning can make a semester in the first week.
3. I cannot exercise for two hours and not feel it the next day.
4. Bank thermometers not only register negative temperatures, they also broadcast them at 12:48am.
5. I might be paranoid. Well... I guess I learned (am learning?) that I am paranoid.
6. Eddie Izzard is wicked funny.
7. I like hockey quite a bit, and I can actually answer some questions about the rules.
8. The capitol of Turkey is Ankara.
9. Sometimes staying in-state can lead to a flask on the floor of the backseat.
10. Sleeping with the door closed is not secure if there is no door knob.