I. Love. French Toast.
It is my go to comfort food and my easy breakfast, lunch, and dinner (usually not on the same day, but I wouldn't rule it out either). So when my working family left dinner up to me, I declared this Wednesday "Made-to-Order French Toast Night."
I took full advantage of the opportunity and made myself lingonberry-stuffed vanilla almond French toast.
Yeah. It's my new favorite.
And my dad went with a chunky peanut butter-stuffed vanilla cinnamon French toast.
There really is nothing easier or more satisfying (relatively) than good French toast.
Here is all of my French toast wisdom:
- One beaten egg covers two of these stuffed French toasts.
- A splash of milk should make the egg more soft yellow in color than orange-yellow.
- For the vanilla almond, I did 1/8 tsp of each extract.
- For the vanilla cinnamon, I did 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and (surprise!) a shake of cinnamon.
- Don't spread the filling all the way to the edge of the bread. You don't want a messy skillet and fried peanut butter or lingon would certainly make for a mess.
I wish I could get more specific but I don't measure much when it comes to French toast.
So what came to mind when you read "Made-to-Order French Toast Night"? What is the craziest thing you'd put in or on French toast?
P.S. After a Bakewell tart, numerous pb&l sandwiches, and tonight's French toast, I'm almost out of Lingonberry preserves. o_O